3.01.2011

Penis Fencing!

What would you do if you wanted to sleep with someone? As humans, we have a wide array of methods that we could use to "seal the deal," but we ARE different than all other animals. We have the ability to understand our existence and this advancement in cognitive capacity can make for some pretty interesting sexual situations. After all we can speak, which really sets the stage for some awkward and hilarious scenarios. Speaking from the female perspective, the ability of the opposite sex to communicate provides us with the opportunity to receive novel pick-up lines. Here are some examples from my personal experience: "Damn, I ain't never seen a white girl with an ass that fat" "Girl, if I were a sniper I would take you down" and my personal favorite "You look so good girl, you must be a black girl trapped in a white girls body." I wonder how many times it has worked because it seems like we should be more evolved in this day and age. Since we both understand that we exist you should probably ask me my name first. Let's start there... 


but let's talk about the primitive acoelomates of the Phylum Platyhelminthes...FLATWORMS.      


If you think humans are weird when courting you have got it all wrong. Sure...our mating behavior can be rather strange and embarrassing, but sexual reproduction in certain species of flatworms can be straight-up PAINFUL. So here it goes...


Flatworms are hermaphrodites and their penises can be ridiculously sharp and they tend on hurting someone with it. They line up like two cowboys at high noon and eject their razor sharp penises ready to fight each other. They fight each other until one succeeds  in penetrating the other, thus releasing their sperm. Talk about a battle. Can you imagine two human males fighting each other with their penises? I guess it isn't that far fetched...


All is fair in love and war! Here is a video...enjoy :) 


  

3 comments:

  1. emily!! this makes me think too much!! and THAT'S saying something!! such simple animals, yet THEY even know the importance of "survival of the fittest."

    and us humans think we're smart...

    ReplyDelete
  2. invertebrate zoology is probably the most awesome class i have ever had in my whole life...such insane stuff going on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps. thanks for my first comment

    ReplyDelete